The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Somalia is an International Non-Governmental Organization registered in Kenya and operating in Somalia. ADRA’s mission is to change one life at a time through enhancing development in individuals and communities.
· Organize and establish sound systems for effective and efficient oversight and management of ADRA Somalia Security, Procurement, Transport, Distribution, Vehicle Fleets, Assets management, warehousing and Inventory, in line with the relevant ADRA Somalia and donor procedures, budgets, time frames and compliance requirements.
· Liaise with other Project and Program Manager to develop procurement plans in line with donor expectations and ensure that all needs of the programs are acquired in an efficient and timely manner.
· Processing of all local payments in liaison with the finance and in a timely manner ensuring to verify that all paperwork / documentation is complete and duly authorized before submitting for payment
· Identify potential local sources of goods and services and recommending them for supply.
· Maintain all logistics records, including an effective filing system for storing procurement documentation to enable tracking and auditing.
· Ensure all staff in the field offices understand and follow ADRA Somalia Procurement policies and procedures.
· Coordinate market surveys and creating a data base of various supplies.
· Identify warehousing requirements and arrange physical facilities for storage for projects that require warehouse facilities.
· Ensure systematic process of transporting items from suppliers/stores to field locations ,ensuring full control of movement and receipt of items/
· Establish and maintain a stock inventory management system, including stock control and detailed receipt/dispatch records; provide reconciled stock reports.
· Ensuring ADRA Somalia assets are tagged and listed in the asset register at the time of procurement and a regular monitoring system is in place.
· Coordinate in maintaining of inventory lists in field and Nairobi offices and facilitate disposal of all unused items.
· Coordinate with project staff to ensure effective and timely release /dispatch of goods to field and project sites.
· Ensure all the assets are insured both in Nairobi and Field offices.
Transport and Fleet Management
· To adhere ADRA Somalia rules and regulations governing the management of vehicles
· Ensure all ADRA Somalia vehicles are regularly serviced and maintained.
· Ensure all those authorized to drive ADRA Somalia vehicles (formal drivers and other members) meet the standards and have up to date licences valid for the country of operation and are medically fit to drive.
Conduct or arrange additional training where necessary for local or expatriate staff to cope with the local driving conditions and type of vehicles.
· To Ensure that all the necessary documents are available and up to date in the vehicle (insurance, logbook, import list, tool kit, spare parts, spare tyre, first aid kit and fire extinguisher)
· Before any journey is undertaken to ensure that all persons aboard the vehicle understand the security guidelines for the related journey.
· Manages the development and implementation of general security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security. Physical protection responsibilities will include personnel, asset protection, workplace violence and accidents prevention and access control systems.
· Provide and maintain necessary supportive equipment required to accomplish the mission of the department.
· Inspects or directs inspection of premises to test systems, detect safety hazards and to ensure the safety rules are posted and enforced.
· Notifies ADRA Somalia personnel and members of the senior management weaknesses and implements manuals outlining procedures for handling, storing, safekeeping and destroying classified documents and materials.
· Interprets security release and directs subordinates in enforcing compliance such as issuance of security badges, photographing of employees and safekeeping of forbidden articles carried by visitors.
· Assists in establishing operational procedures for activities such as fire prevention, natural disaster, accidents, incidents and emergencies responses, guarding physical property and investigation of accidents and incidents.
· Conduct educational programs related to security issues in all the field and regional offices.
· Maintain adequate records of all incidents, accidents and safety problems in accordance with standards and confidentiality of records.
Confers with senior management to formulate emergency policies, determine need for programs responses.
· Spearhead the development of ADRA security plan as an organization and field regional offices.
Management and Coordination:
· Lead and Motivate the Logistics teams in the field and ensure that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their work.
· Support field Offices in implementation of supply chain management.
· Ensure appropriate team structures, clear division of responsibilities and Objectives.
· Contribute to planning & proposal development ensuring context specific security considerations are included in the proposal.
· Responsible for capacity building and appraisal of logistics staff both in Nairobi and Field offices.
· Provide advice and support on logistics to Program staff whilst providing timely reports.
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including your CV via e-mail not later than 10th October 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Send your application to : email@example.com
Application deadline : October 10th 2017
Email the Vacancy to firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2017. Anderson Human Capital
Designed by :Gurusoft Developers Tel: +254 715 652 783