Manager, Tax and Compliance
Are you a go-getter, positive minded individual who fits the role profile captured below? There is an opportunity for ambitious, self-driven individuals to fill the above position.
Reporting to: Chief Finance Officer (CFO).
To assist the CFO in ensuring that the Bank remains fully compliant to the Tax regulations, develop a Transfer pricing document and maintaining a positive relationship with the Regulator
- Ensure that all Tax computations and remittances (PAYE, Withholding Taxes, VAT, Excise etc) are fully compliant and submitted on a timely basis in line with the Act
- Continuously update the Management on current as well as imminent changes to the tax laws and regulations and be responsible for their implementation
- Ensure that all products, services and strategic initiatives are well structured and meet the tax compliance threshold
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve tax efficiencies
- Appropriate Tax planning for the strategic plans
- Liaison with the Tax advisors, Auditors, KRA in management of audits and inspections
- Review of all service level agreements as well as developing a Transfer pricing policy for the Bank
- Review of all Bank wide processes with a tax implication and ensure that controls are in place to ensure an accurate submission
- Stakeholder management for both internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and be the Tax Risk champion for the Bank
- Ensures that all new business is in line with KYC and CTF laws and regulations and customer information is regularly updated
- Ensure adherence of all bank’s prescribed processes, standard operating procedures and central bank requirements
- Role Models the Brand and Corporate Values of the Bank in the internal and external market environment
- Works as part of a team for the purpose of winning together
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting or its equivalent
- A qualified Accounting (CPA-K or its equivalent)
- Five (5) years senior tax experience in either managing or advising Financial institutions on tax opportunities and compliance matters;
- Business management experience
- Proven analytical skills to review information and reports produced by management accounting systems;
- Proficiency in computing packages and other accounting software packages
Key Competencies and Attributes
- Ability and willingness to challenge the status quo in order to deliver long-term
- Change and improvements.
- Excellent communication skills (correspondence, presentations, meeting management, and informal dialogue with a variety of types of stakeholders).
- Ability to generate high calibre insights from a wide variety of information sources
- Talent for innovative thinking
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly numerate
- Ability to embrace dynamic work environment.
- Able to identify, motivate and develop talent within the Bank.
- Capacity to influence decisions at senior management levels
- Communicates effectively
- Drives high performance in teams
How to Apply
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email: email@example.com; closing date is Wednesday 14th February 2018. Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Send your application to : firstname.lastname@example.org;
Application deadline : February 14th 2018