Aga Khan University is a private, not for profit, international University established in 1983, with 11 teaching sites in eight countries.
Since 2001, AKU has offered academic programmes in nursing, medicine and education for East Africa.
The Aga Khan University invites candidates for the position of Finance and Administration Manager, Department of Internal Medicine.
Reporting to the Chair of Department of Internal Medicine, the successful candidate will direct the financial and administrative affairs of the department and will be responsible for all areas of financial planning and management.
- Advise and assist the Chair and Division heads in faculty affairs
- Advise and assist the Chair on budgeting in order to achieve and maintain fiscal sustainability
- Manage the financial resources of the department to ensure ethical and fiduciary practices
- Interpret policies and regulations concerning the Department’s financial activities and ensure compliance with the University’s policies and procedures
- Translate department objectives into financial assumptions for short-term or long-term planning
- Project Department and Division revenue and expenses and develop budget models to guide the faculty or department
- Design and monitor systems of meastrement and internal controls to safeguard assets and to satisfy auditing requirements
- Assign, direct and review staff who maintain department budgets /accounts at the University/Hospital
- Ensure administrative procedures for grant and contract administration are in place
- Review and approve all department grant and contract applications
- Ensure funded projects or programs are managed appropriately
- Monitor interpersonal dynamics and actions to eliminate physical risks to personal safety
- Ensure smooth annual performance evaluation and merit review process for faculty and professional staff.
- Applicants should have a Master of Business Administration or equivalent with 2 years’ experience in Health Care Administration or related field.
- S/he should demonstrate competence in financial operations, business planning, financial analysis and/or strategic planning.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and customer service skills adhering to set time lines for reporting.
How to Apply:
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, clearly indicating current & expected pay should be sent to,
the Manager, Recruitment,
Aga Khan University Hospital,
so as to reach not later than 20th October, 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.